- 2023 - : lecturer for wood and lignocellulosic composites and processing technologies; Biotechnical Faculty, Depeartment of Wood Science
- 2018 - 2022: assistant and lecturer for wood and lignocellulosic composites and processing technologies; Biotechnical Faculty, Depeartment of Wood Science
- 2000 – 2018: assistant for Wood Technology; Biotechnical Faculty, Depeartment of Wood Science
- 1997 – 2000: unior researcher, Biotechnical Faculty, Depeartment of Wood Science
- 3-month lecturing and research at University of Zagreb, Faculty of Forestry (2019)
- lectures and laboratory work for students of preffesional study; seminar work,
- research work.
- Erasmus+ (STA) pedagocal and researh work Mendel University (Brno, Czech Republic) (2016), Salzburg University of Applied Sciences (Kuchl, Austria) (2017), Eberswalde Universty for Sustainable development (Eberswalde, Germany (2021)
- Lecturing at Summer School for students of biotechnical sciences (Kazakh National Agrarian University, Amaty, Kazahstan; 2014, 2018)
- Research work:
- Short Term Scientific Mission (COST E53) – Chalmers University Göteborg, Švedska (2007)
- Short Term Scientific Mission (COST FP0904) – Bern University of Applied Sciences, Biel, Švica (2011)
- Short Term Scientific Mission (COST FP0802) – Trees and Timber Institute IVALSA/CNR, Trento, Italija (2012)
2014 - Biotechnical Faculty Award for the best lecturer.
2015 - Rector's Award for the best inovation of the University of Ljubljana (3rd prize)
Association of Slovenian wood industry in the international wood industry association (CEI-BOIS) – construction working group (http://www.cei-bois.org/)
EDG = European Wood Drying Group (http://www.timberdry.net/)
META = Society for Mechanical-Acoustic-Thermal Metamaterials (https://meta-mat.org/)
Q-net A network for quantitative Wood Anatomy (https://qwa-net.com/)
Alumni klub Univerze v Ljubljani, Oddelka za lesarstvo (https://www.uni-lj.si/alumni/)
Expertise: Wood physics, wood mechanics, timber drying, hydrothermal treatment of wood, renewable energy
Current research focus: NDT characterization of bio-based materials, acoustics of wood and lignocellulosic composites, additive manufacturing technologies, 3D and 4D printing
1. RAY, Tony, KALJUN, Jasmin, STRAŽE, Aleš. 2021. Comparison of the vibration damping of the wood species used for the body of an electric guitar on the vibration response of open-strings. Materials. 2021, 14, 18: 1-13 https://www.mdpi.com/1996-1944/14/18/5281, DOI: 10.3390/ma14185281.
2. STRAŽE, Aleš, KLARIĆ, Miljenko, BUDROVIĆ, Zlatko, PERVAN, Stjepan. 2020. Characterisation and modelling of drying kinetics of thin ash and oak wood lamellas dried with infrared radiation and hot air. Drvna industrija, 71, 2: 171-177 https://hrcak.srce.hr/index.php?show=clanak&id_clanak_jezik=346891, DOI: 10.5552/drvind.2020.1965
3. KRAJNC, Luka, KADUNC, Aleš, STRAŽE, Aleš. 2019. The use of ultrasound velocity and damping for the detection of internal structural defects in standing trees of European beech and Norway spruce. Holzforschung.73, 9: 807-816 https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/hfsg.ahead-of-print/hf-2018-0245/hf-2018-0245.xml, DOI: 10.1515/hf-2018-0245
4. STRAŽE, Aleš, DREMELJ, Matjaž, ŽVEPLAN, Ervin, ČUFAR, Katarina. 2018. Changes in physical properties of oak wood from historical constructions during service life. Les / Wood, 67, 1: 5-14 http://www.les-wood.si/index.php/leswood/article/view/27/22.
5. ŽVEPLAN, Ervin, STRAŽE, Aleš. 2017. Acoustic properties of beech wood after hydrothermal treatment. Les / Wood, 66, 2: 5-14 http://www.les-wood.si/index.php/leswood/article/view/13.
6. STRAŽE, Aleš, FAJDIGA, Gorazd, PERVAN, Stjepan, GORIŠEK, Željko. 2016. Hygro-mechanical behavior of thermally treated beech subjected to compression loads. Construction & building materials, 113: 28-33
7. STRAŽE, Aleš, MITKOVSKI, Bogdan, TIPPNER, Jan, ČUFAR, Katarina, GORIŠEK, Željko. 2015. Structural and acoustic properties of African padouk (Pterocarpus soyauxii) wood for xylophones. European journal of wood and wood products, 73, 2: 235-243 DOI: 10.1007/s00107-015-0878-0
8. GORIŠEK, Željko, STRAŽE, Aleš. Sorption and drying characteristics of xylite. 2014. Drying technology, 32, 10: 1256-1264.
9. STRAŽE, Aleš, GORIŠEK, Željko. 2011. Influence of air velocity on kinetics of kiln drying of beechwood (Fagus sylvatica L.). Les / Wood, 63, 8/9: 317-322
10. STRAŽE, Aleš, KLIGER, Robert, JOHANSSON, M., GORIŠEK, Željko. 2011. The influence of material properties on the amount of twist of spruce wood during kiln drying. European journal of wood and wood products, 69,2: 239-246.