Content (Syllabus outline)
- the basics on bioactive substances (useful and poisonous) in plants and fungi; the basics of secundary metabolism in vascular plants and fungi; the importance of bioactive substances for plants, fungi and their consumers; the effect of environment on chemical structure of plants from the nutritional point of view
- major groups of secondary metabolites with toxic effects and the survey of the most important groups of poisonous plants and fungi in terrestrial ecosystems regarding to their taxonomic appurtenance, apperance in different habitat types, the danger for human and animal poisoning, types of active substances and effects on human
- useful, edible and poisonous wild plants in living environment (urban environment)
- useful, edible and poisonous wild plants growing in cultivated ground, including weeds and invasive (exotic) species
- useful, edible and poisonous wild plants in forests
Conditions for inclusion in the work:
Enrolment in the appropriate academic year.
Conditions for performing study obligations
Attendance at lectures, practical courses and field work is compulsory. Student has to prepare a seminar paper.