April 22 2021 – 14.00-15.30 CEST
Publishing is an integral element of the researcher process with most academics required to publish at least once in their professional career.
Researchers must also navigate a publishing landscape that is constantly evolving.
This workshop is designed for early career researchers who have limited publishing experience. It will provide a basic overview of the current state of academic publishing, with a particular focus on Open Access, to enable a better understanding of the process and as well as offer guidance to help them succeed.
The workshop will cover the following topics with examples and the opportunity to ask questions:
- Overview of the publishing landscape
- Assessing journals: what to look for when choosing where to publish
- Open access benefits and challenges
- Open access at Taylor & Francis
- Preparing your manuscript for publication
- Research and publishing ethics: overview of publishing ethics
- Peer review basics: overview with recommendations on how to respond to reviewer comments
- Typical reasons for rejection and how to avoid them
To attend the webinar please register at: https://go.taylorandfrancis.com/l/111042/2021-04-12/6vrnlx