The Biotechnical Faculty of the University of Ljubljana is celebrating its 75th Anniversary. The Faculty was founded on 11 October 1947 as the Faculty of Agriculture. At the ceremony, its foundation was proclaimed by the then rector, the academician Prof. Anton Melik. Since then the Faculty had been developing and in 1949 it was renamed the Faculty of Agronomy and Forestry, and in 1953 the Faculty of Agriculture, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine. It was in 1961 that the Faculty got its present name, the Biotechnical Faculty. Thus, in addition to the Departments of Biology, Agronomy, Forestry and Veterinary Medicine, the Departments of Wood Science and Technology, Food Technology and Animal Science were established. In 1996 the Department of Landscape Architecture was established, which is celebrating its 50th Anniversary this year. Finally, in 2021, the Department of Microbiology was established. In 1990, the Department of Veterinary Medicine separated from the Faculty and was established as the Veterinary Faculty.
The Collection of Works, which is in front of you, represents a part of work that was performed at the Faculty in the period from 2017 to 2022. This time, we present individuals who have significantly contributed to the reputation of the Biotechnical Faculty in the field of both scientific and artistic research by presenting research programmes, as well as laboratories and departments where they work. In the Collection of Works, the first ERC project at the Biotechnical Faculty is presented, and here below we present the winners of the Biotechnical Faculty highest award, the Jesenko Lifetime Achievement Award, as well as the best students, the recipients of the Prešeren Award and other international awards, and finally the Alumni of the Biotechnical Faculty who have marked the developments in our society in the last five years.